Welcome to the Swim School
Located within the University of Wollongong grounds, we have been teaching children to swim for over 25 years opening in 1990. We provide quality swimming programs by focusing on swimmers stroke technique with small class sizes. Operating out of a heated 50m outdoor pool, we cater for children from 3yrs of age onwards.
We are proud to be a Swim Australia and Austswim registered Swim School. All of our teachers hold a minimum qualification of:
- Swim Australia or Austswim Teacher of Water Safety
- CPR, with additional qualifications including:
- Senior first aid
We are thankful for our connection to New South Wales Institute of Sport (NSWIS) and are proud to be a venue for the National Talent Identification and Development program (NTID).
We currently offer the following programs:
- Learn to Swim
- Stroke Development
- Junior Squads
- Holiday Intensive
- Adult Learn to Swim & Stroke Correction
- School Groups
Lessons operate on the following days:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 3:30pm - 6.00pm
- Saturday morning from 8:30am - 12.00pm
- Monday (junior squads only) - 4.00pm - 5.30pm
Key Dates 2017
- Summer Intensive Programs: Week 1: Monday 9th - Friday 13th January. Week 2: Monday 16th - Friday 20th January
- Term 1: Tuesday 31st January - Saturday 8th April (10 week Term). No lessons on Tuesday 21st February (UOW Pool Party); Saturday 18th March (Mega Swim).
- Autumn Holiday Intensive Program: Tuesday 18th April - Friday 21st April 2017
- Term 2: Tuesday 25th April - Saturday 1st July (10 week Term). NO Lesson on Tuesday 25th (Anzac Day)
- No Winter Holiday Intensive
- Term 3: Monday 17th July - Saturday 23rd September (10 week Term)
- Spring Holiday Intensive Program: Monday 25th September - Friday 29th September
- Term 4: Monday 9th October - Saturday 16th December (10 weeks)
- Program 1a: Tuesday 31st January - Saturday 4th March (5 weeks)
- Program 1b: Tuesday 7th March - Saturday 8th April (5 weeks)
- Program 2a: Wednesday 26th April - Saturday 27th May (5 weeks)
- Program 2b: Tuesday 30th May - Saturday 1st July (5 weeks)
- Program 3a: Tuesday 18th July - Saturday 19th August (5 weeks)
- Program 3b: Tuesday 22nd August - Saturday 23rd September (5 weeks)
- Program 4a: Tuesday 10th October - Saturday 11th November (5 weeks)
- Program 4b: Tuesday 14th November - Saturday 16th December (5 weeks)
Lessons will still run if it is raining. They will only be cancelled if there is lightning and we will inform you via text message if this is the case.
You will either be provided with a make-up lesson or a credit if the lesson is cancelled by UniActive. If you choose to not come to a lesson due to wet weather or temperature you will not receive a make-up lesson.
Call Us: Please call (02) 4221 4194 during operating hours .
Email Us: We can quickly answer your questions via our email email@example.com.